Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Jungle gym Jenna.
Brock gets going really high and makes me nervous. He yells "Superman!" while she soars back and forth. This picture kind of shows how the little playground is encircled by trees.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
His newest puzzle is a map of the United States. He likes to choose a state, then have me tell him its name and who we know that lives there. This is how far he got on his own, then I helped him finish the border, then he was able to work alone again.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Jenna loved sitting on the trucks and banging on helmets like drums.
Here is Brock whispering something to his buddy Luke. Luke's mom was the first person to invite us over to play when we first moved here and now Brock and Luke are great friends. In fact, Luke is exactly one day older than Brock. They think it is so neat that their birthday is only 1 day apart.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Here is Jake helping dutch oven a dinner for a college ward activity. I love his all black sneakers!
1) My earliest memory was watching the Chicago Bears sing the Superbowl Shuffle. I believe it was 1985ish, making me about 2.5 years old. We all piled on my parents bed, or maybe it was the pull-out sofa bed, either way, we were all on a bed and watched the game. I have been a die hard Bears fan ever since, even though they just barely started to get watchable again. However, I am a Bronco fan by marriage.
2) Around age 5, I was separated from my mother and sister at a shopping center, and I was crying and running to look for them. A store employee took me near the check outs and asked if anyone there was my mom; a strange woman grabbed my arm and said "Yes, she's mine." I panicked, jerked my arm away and ran back toward the clothing. A security guard found me and took me to where my mother had reported a missing child. So, I guess you could say I was almost kidnapped. I still wonder to this day what that woman said to the checker as I ran off screaming. How do you play off trying to take steal a child?
3)My high school mascot was a Pretzel. Seriously.
4) I played Volleyball, Basketball, and was on the Track team in high school.
5) I love retro muscle cars. Mustangs mostly, but I also like Chargers and Ferraris. Late 60's early 70's are my favorite. I also really like Novas....I don't really know why.
6) Someday I'd like to learn to drive a motorcycle. Not one of those obnoxious bullet bikes but an actual bike like a Harley Hog. I already have a few bandannas for my first ride.
7) I am 26 years old and I have never been to a Disney theme park.
So I will now tag Aimee H - Aubree L - Averi B - Angie J - (wow, I have lots of friends whose names start with "A" ...since Anna is expecting a baby any minute, I will let her be tagged at a later date, but thats another "A" name, how odd) Tami H - Kristi S - and Krista C too. I can't wait to see your random facts!
Hint: if you save the picture of the Tag to your computer photos, you can just upload the picture. Oh, and I still don't really know what they mean by "link to the person that tagged you..." oh well! Hope I did this right. I had fun doing it anyway.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
They informed us if there were any allergies to chickens or eggs (or even feathers) you cannot recieve a flu shot. Being the inquisitve person I am (Jake's referes to it as being "nosy") I asked, "Is there chicken in the vaccine or something?" Seemed like a reasonably question. Apparently they give chicken eggs the flu then create the vaccine from the eggs. Clever. What will they think of next?
Monday, October 13, 2008
So Brock loves to cook. This is a picture of him helping make stir fry. Yes, oddly enough my kids love stir fry and request it a lot for lunch, we don't bother making it for dinner unless Jake is out of town because it contains many vegetables. Anyway, Allie is happy to sit on the counter and watch (you can see her pink pants in the photo) but Brock loves to stir and add ingredients. I have let him break eggs a few times, but only if I have enough time to fish out some egg shell. Today while I was getting Jenna cleaned up after lunch, I returned to the kitchen area where Brock had decided he was still hungry and was going to make a sandwich. I watched quietly for a while impressed by his attention to detail. (Sorry no picture, Jake has the camera in his brief case because he took it to a Texas A&M football game with a customer; but I did video tape it.) He got out the ham and Swiss cheese (yes, he loves Swiss), miracle whip, and even lettuce. The only thing I did for him was wash the lettuce, (yes Kristie - with soap) then cut it in half. He was so proud of his yummy accomplishment. What happened to my little baby boy who needed me?! (Boy, I use parenthesis a lot don't I?)
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
There is a pumpkin in the rib cagewhere the heart would be...he loves it!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
The train table keeps everyone quite busy...but I love that Allie has the mountain on her head. I am not sure why...
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Jenna on her blessing day with cousin Kaysha.
Jenna was born a few days after Christmas and she has been the best present ever! She was 2 weeks old when we found out Brock needed his surgery. I was so grateful to have her as a peaceful distraction throughout all that stress. Brock and Allie adore her, sometimes a little too much. But Jenna has grown accustom to being smothered in kisses and drown in toys. I think Jenna's favorite toy is our play kitchen. She will stand and bang the pots and pans around and put every piece of plastic food in her mouth. Come to think of it, that is how she plays trains too. She pulls herself up to Brock's train table and bangs on it for a while...then eats the trains.